CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, January 19, 2008

His Mother Was Mad!

Hey, all! It's Brillig. I want to warmly welcome a NEW Anonymous Soapiness poster. I hope you will give her all a warm welcome! If any of you have anonymous posts that you'd like to submit, just leave a comment here or at mine or Kate's blogs, and we'll hook you up. :-D
---------------------------------------

His Mother Was Mad



I was talking to my father and mentioned I had run
into Jacob.

Jacob was a year older than me in high school. He
hung out with mutual friends of mine. He was tall and
thin. He was sweetly goofy. He went off to an
in-state college. A year later I attended college in
another state then didn't really return for several
years. I lost touch with those friends and didn't
know what had become of him.

About 5 or 6 years ago a tall, handsome man came up to
me. It was the beginning of the work day and when he
said my name, I recognized the voice immediately.
Jacob was living in the same town as me, married to a
school teacher. They had several children. While he
was clearly a man, and not a teenager, his sweet
goofiness was still there.

For several years our early morning routine meant we
crossed paths and we would talk about people from high
school, our kids' exploits, work, my pregnancy and his
wife's a year later. Then his hours changed and we
stopped seeing each other.

I told my dad that I ran into Jacob and his kids over
the holidays. It was the first time I had seen his
since the spring.

"His mother was so pissed when you turned him down for
a date" was my father's reply.

"Whaaaaaaaa?" was my inarticulate response.

I don't think I had ever met Jacob's mother. I
wouldn't know her if she came up to me. I knew that
she didn't run in the same circles as my parents. It
was simply beyond comprehension that my father would
have a conversation with Jacob's mother.

"She called me after Jacob had called to ask you out"
he explained. "You just broke his heart and she
called me to complain."

My father had never, ever told me this.

Worse. I don't remember the phone call from Jacob
asking me out. It wasn't like I was getting these
calls with any frequency. In fact almost never. I
would think this type of call would be memorable to an
infrequent high school dater like me.

So after all these year, does Jacob remember calling
me?

And does he know his mother called my father?

8 comments:

Brillig said...

Insane!!! I wonder if he had any idea, or if he'd die of shock the way you did if he'd found out. Yikes!!! Be glad you didn't marry into that mother-in-law situation!!!

tripleZmom said...

I agree with Brillig - he sounds like a nice enough guy, but living with that mother-in-law would be AWFUL!

Madam Crunchypants said...

That's crazy!

He sounds like a sweetheart - but his Mom sounds scary!

Wholly Burble said...

Truly sounds odd. I wonder if it was a case of mistaken identity. Once I had a sister of a fellow I knew confront me in a store--saying all sorts of really nasty things. It was based on my hurting her brother's feelings.

I was young, fairly tender-hearted, BUT I did have a red-head's disposition--so I marched off to this fellow and confronted him, asking him why he'd tell his sister a pack of lies about me.

Turns out it was another girl, and his sister, not knowing either one of us, had fixated what her brother said with the red-head she thought he was talking about.

Not saying that's what happened here--but it's a possibility if his mother didn't know your parents and had never met you, she might have got her son's report wrong.

Do you think it's worth asking him now? Probably not, eh?

Anonymous said...

So if he asked you out today (and there were no consequences and no one knew, not even his mother) would you say yes?

Anonymous said...

Hmmmm..... if I didn't have the life I have now? Yes. But only if I was not in a committed relationship. I like my life too much...

Anonymous said...

You should be a politician (if you're not already). You were able to answer yes and no in the same sentence. That takes talent. So the real question (which requires yes OR no) is whether you have feelings for him?

Tricia said...


Mine is a difficult situation, at best. In serious, deep love with a man who is married and I am married as well. Both of us in unhappy marriages, found eachother by accident, but the attration was so intense, so deep, it developed into love. As he has so much more to loose than me, being a woman, the obstacles were too great for him to jump over, so we both decided it was best to stop our relationship beifre it became a mess. Heartbroken, I went to Dr.ZACK BALO for help. I cannot live without the touch, voice or heart of this man with me. I’ve been miserable without him. I asked Dr.ZACK BALO to help me and the day he cast the spell, I ran into him in the street. After months of being apart, we never talked about our romance, we only talked business. (We have a business realtionship we have to deal with) He acted like a schoolboy in love and even kissed me on the lips in public!! I nearly died. I called him on the cell phone a few minutes later and he all of a sudden he starts telling me that he misses me, he cant resist me and he wants to see me. The spell. It’s not that he didnt love me before, but we decided not to take our relationship further and stuck to it. He stuck to it harder than I did!! For 3 months I couldnt get him to come back to me without worry and now I didnt even get my talisman yet and he’s talking like this, a way in which he didnt for a long time after we broke up. I gave him bait but he never took it until now. I know it’s the spell. Dr.ZACK BALO is amazing. We spoke again a day later and he was again, very romantic and talking to me as if we never broke up again. I love this person so much, it’s painful. I want us to be in love and worry free and Dr.ZACK BALO will make it happen. I will re-post when I get my final results. You are safe with Dr.ZACK BALO. I feel so comforted by this guestbook and just by my own experiences. Thank You Dr.ZACK BALO, Thank you email to contact him is wiseindividualspell@gmail.com.